Are you over 18 years of age? Do you currently experience red, swollen, painful bumps on your body where skin rubs together? If so, you may be eligible to participate in a study being conducted in Fort Myers Florida.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa is a condition that causes red, swollen, painful bumps to form on the body, usually in places where the skin rubs together. These bumps can cause so much pain that they make it hard to move. They can smell bad or drain pus or blood. The bumps also tend to linger for weeks or months and keep coming back. They most commonly affect areas such as on or under the breasts (in women), the armpits, inner thighs, in the groin area, and buttocks.
- Participants must be above 18 years of age
- Diagnosed with moderate to severe Hidradenitis Suppurativa for 1 year
- Lesions in at least 2 distinct areas, 1 of which must be at least Hurley Stage II or Stage III
- Inadequate response to at least 3 months of oral antibiotics, or intolerance to antibiotics
- Willing to visit the Study Center for routine visits
Participants that complete this study will be eligible for compensation for both time and travel up to $1,287.00