We are currently looking for people suffering from constipation due to taking pain medication for a research study in Fort Myers Florida. Those who qualify will receive study related physical examinations, laboratory tests, and compensation for both time and travel.
Qualified participants must:
• Be between 18 and 84 years of age
• Have been taking prescription pain medication for chronic pain (non-cancer related) for at least 8 weeks.
• Have opioid-induced constipation (OIC)
• Not be pregnant or breast feeding
• Not be currently using laxatives, or willing to discontinue laxatives at screening and must be willing to only use rescue laxatives provided throughout study duration